Welcome from BHS Principal Jaime Sturdivant
Bridgeport High symbolizes the commitment the citizens of Bridgeport ISD have toward providing a quality education for young people in our community. It offers a variety of academics from Advanced Placement classes to state-of-the-art technology programs.
Today, approximately 645 students in grades nine through twelve attend BHS. There is a place and a special activity that fits the needs of each of its students as it provides numerous programs and extra-curricular activities.
The BHS staff is committed to providing students with the skills they need to lead successful – and productive – lives. For example:
- BHS is a comprehensive public school accredited by the Texas Education Agency.
- The school has strongly integrated technology into the learning process and BHS is proud to provide each student with a MacBook Air laptop computer.
- BHS has a comprehensive Advanced Placement offering (English III, English IV, Calculus, Biology, Environmental Science, World History, US History, US Government, Economics, and Spanish) as well as dual courses (Anatomy, Physiology, English and Psychology) – all part of its college preparatory program.
- At BHS, students have the opportunity to excel in drama, agriculture, athletics, arts and other fields with one visual art students received the prestigious Gold SEAL from Texas VASE.
- The majority of BHS students are involved in extracurricular activities with the students bringing home numerous awards, such as four students receiving the Lone Star Degree from FFA and the TAFE students competing at the national level.
- At BHS, the staff is committed to keeping in touch with the students and their families with various programs, such as Physics Day at Six Flags Over Texas and celebrating First Generation Graduates with a special dinner.
Bridgeport High symbolizes the school’s strong heritage that has evolved over the years. With its motto of “Branding Champions since 1873,” the BHS fan base includes hundreds of proud graduates who are now physicians, agriculture experts, artists, math instructors, chemical engineers, oil field technicians and others.
We ask that you join us in our quest to be a model school of excellence. If you want to learn more about Bridgeport High, contact the school:
Bridgeport High School/Principal Jaime Sturdivant
1 Maroon Drive
Bridgeport, TX 76426
Phone: (940) 683-4064
Fax: (940) 683-4014