Principal, Bridgeport High School
Jaime Sturdivant has been principal at Bridgeport High School since 2009. For almost 20 years, she has been with Bridgeport ISD - where she also served as assistant principal, director of instruction, counselor and high school teacher.
Mrs. Sturdivant is proud to be principal of BHS, where she strives to impact the students, faculty, and staff in a positive, innovative, and successful way. Her educational philosophy is simple: "Relationships Matter! All students want to learn, but it is up to us as educators to find the best way to educate each child and develop a positive relationship with the student."
Mrs. Sturdivant is active in the community and oversees programs that encourage students to be involved. Founded in 1873, BHS supports its heritage and culture while providing innovative programs that prepare students for tomorrow's work force, by:
- Providing MacBook Air Laptop Computers to all students
- Providing a variety of college preparatory programs, such as dual college courses and Advanced Placement courses
- Initiating programs for students with special interests, such as supporting Earth Day, where Bridgeport ISD has saved 227 million KWH of electricity and 2,935 MMBTUs of natural gas
- Involving students and their families with special events, such as First Generation Graduates and Ready, Set, Teach! staff appreciation day
- Working with students in developing pride and spirit within the school. BHS is proud to celebrate spirit programs, such as the Homecoming Bonfire and Parade
Mrs. Sturdivant is the instructional leader of her campus where she helps write the Campus Improvement Plan, facilitates new courses and programs, and oversees the training of the staff.
She has received the prestigious Dr. Hunter Humanitarian Award and volunteers for the Spirit of Christmas Committee and Junior Achievement. She is a member of Texas Association of Secondary School Principals and Bridgeport Chamber of Commerce and Bridgeport Women's Club.
She received her bachelor's degree from Stephen F. Austin University and master's in educational Administration from Texas Woman's University.
For more information, feel free to contact the school office at (940) 683-4064 or fax at (940) 683-4014